Chocolate Hazelnut Flower Cupcake Kit
Prefer to skip ingredient shopping and measuring? Check out our flower cupcake baking kit. Pre-measured ingredients, materials, and kitchen items in each kit. While supplies last.
How to Make Flower Cupcakes with Candy Melts
Want to try making flower cupcakes or another one of our recipes, but prefer to skip the ingredient shopping and measuring? Check out bakeeatlovebox.com - we ship baking kits to your doorstep.
Flower Petal Ingredients and Supplies
1. Cut a paper towel roll cardboard core in half longways with scissors. You will use the inside dip of the roll to make your petals!
2. Cut 2 inch wide strips of parchment paper across the short side. Set aside.
3. Pour your primary color of candy melts (4 oz) into a microwave safe bowl. Microwave according to the package instructions. Be sure to not add any water. Even a wet paintbrush added to the chocolate will cause it to seize. If your chocolate isn’t coming together, add ½ teaspoon of vegetable oil.
3. Use a clean, food safe paintbrush to paint a long heart, about 1 inch wide at the top and 1 ½ inches tall, on a strip of parchment paper. Repeat until strip is full. Place strip with hearts into the curve of the half paper towel roll and place in the freezer. Repeat with the next strip and half roll.
4. After petals harden (~1 minute in the freezer), add another coat. After the second coat, flowers no longer need the cardboard roll or parchment to hold their shape. Keep petals in the freezer. You will need 4-5 petals per flower.
5. After all petals are created, pour candy melts from your secondary color into a microwave safe bowl. Microwave according to your package instructions. Use a toothpick to apply color to the petals. Place back in the freezer after adding color.
6. Frost a base layer on your cupcakes. Add your piping tip to your piping bag. Fill it with your frosting, reserving 2 tablespoons of frosting for the yellow flower centers. We'll dye these in a few minutes. Frost your cupcakes. We did small rosettes on top or ours. Remember your cupcakes will have a lot of toppings on them, so frost sparingly!
7. Add yellow food gel to your reserved frosting. Mix until color is completely incorporated and you are happy with the color.
8. Snip the tip off your second piping bag and add the clean piping tip.
9. Place flower petals lightly in the frosting of one cupcake. Pipe a yellow star in the center on top of the petals. This will hold them together. Add a nonpareil to the center and admire your first beautiful flower! Repeat for all cupcakes. Enjoy!